Capital Microscope Services, Inc. maintains a service staff the performs on site service and repairs in Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina, Wisconsin and Texas. Capital Microscope Services, Inc. is an authorized dealer for the following Microscope Manufacturers: National Optical, Swift Instruments, Parco Scientific, Motic Instruments , Walter Products, Unico, LW Scientific and Carton Micro Systems. We have access to all needed parts for most repairs. Capital Microscope is also an authorized dealer for Ohaus, Acculab, Adams and Walter balances.
Basic service for all types of microscopes includes:
- Cleaning and firmly connecting all objectives
- Cleaning all eyepieces
- Cleaning mirrors and/or light diffusers
- Cleaning outside body surface
- Lubricating all movable components
- Adjusting tension collars
- Tightening all set screws
- Adjusting and setting focus
- Checking and setting focus stop
- Tightening and adjusting stage clips
- Checking sub-stage illuminating bulbs
- Cleaning stage plates
The basic service also includes an inventory list of all microscopes including storage location, quantity, type, color, manufacturer, model, and approximate age. In addition, a written evaluation of the microscopy inventory will be provided with recommendations for future microscopy additions.
Pricing for service is dependent on the number and types of microscopes. We can develop a plan to fit your school’s budget and needs. Additional costs may include replacing burned out illuminating bulbs and replacing any defective components.